Product Manager, Quantitative Protein Assays (OEM) 12 Month contract
About the roleThe Product Manager – Quantitative Protein Assays (OEM) will actively manage products and lead marketing efforts for OEM sourced Quantitative Protein Assay (QPA) products.
The Product Manager – QPA will be able to work in Boston (US) or Cambridge (UK) offices. Ideally, the candidate will be able to work without specific visa requirements.
About the Quantitative Protein Assays Team at AbcamThe best antibodies make the best assays, and Abcam is the industry leader in primary antibodies. That’s why our range of over 1700 ELISA assays comprise one of the fastest-growing product categories in the company. Help us scale this business and continue its growth as part of a smart, hardworking, congenial team.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Act as an advocate for customers using ELISA kits and related tools to quantify specific proteins in biological samples within the Abcam organisation.
- Refine and execute the marketing & content strategy for our OEM ELISA portfolio, working closely with eCommerce, Events Planning, Marketing Communications, and other stakeholders.
- Develop a strategic plan for OEM based ELISA Kits to compliment in-house products, expand market share, penetrate new markets and continue to grow OEM product revenue, making recommendations and/or decisions on key metrics, product range, make-or-buy, pricing, marketing tactics and budgeting.
- Develop programs to increase the value of the existing OEM product line.
- Prepare and communicate marketing materials and sales tools related to protein quantitation, ensuring that product content is complementary across categories to present an integrated marketing message to Abcam customers, both online and offline.
- Scout for Assay content to add to the OEM portfolio and complement Abcam’s existing ELISA offering.
- Actively interact with Supplier Management and partner companies to bring new products to market.
- Work with the Head of Kits and Assays, Product Development and Manufacturing, and Supplier Management teams to evaluate specific OEM opportunities to enhance the Quantitative Protein Assay product range.
- Support our regional offices in the US, Europe, Hong Kong, Japan and China and distributors worldwide through product expertise, problem resolution and training on products and customer applications.
About youThe ideal candidate will have Bachelor’s degree in the Life Sciences and postgraduate experience in a proteomics-focused laboratory or organisation. Ideally they will have a M.S. or PhD in Biology or a related field.
You should have some experience in product management or content marketing in a biotechnology company selling into the life science market. Ideally you would have managed and grown and ELISA product portfolio. Some experience in digital marketing analytics, pricing analyses and/or strategic planning is desirable.
You will have excellent communication skills and can build highly effective working relationships throughout the organisation.
You need to be data driven, highly organised and proactive. You will be a tenacious, enthusiastic and motivated individual, who will be fully committed to strengthening Abcam’s position in Kits and Assays.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
About UsEver since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.