Product Administrator - (Fixed Term Contract until 31st December 2019)
About the role
We are currently looking for a
Scientific Product Administrator to join the Product & Portfolio
Governance’s, Product Data Integration (PDI) team, reporting to the Senior
You will work jointly with another Product Administrator managing our internal product updates. To ensure when the datasheet updates and new data addition requests are received they are dealt with in timely manner to ensure our customers are getting the most up to date information.
Your responsibilities will also involve supporting the addition of new products onto the catalogue by compiling and checking datasheets and protocol booklets, as well as supporting the new product selection process for primary antibodies and proteins. By working closely with the PDI team to ensure that high quality standards are maintained at all times and that monthly publication targets are met.
About Product Data Integration (PDI) Department at Abcam
The PDI team is responsible for integrating new products into the catalogue, along with maintaining and enhancing our current product data.
Roles & responsibilities:
- To contribute to maintaining and enhancing our existing product data through our product updates procedures.
- By compiling and checking datasheets ensuring that they contain all information required by customers.
- Create kit protocol booklets for kits and assays adhering to guidelines provided by both the project and product managers.
- Ensure images received from our partners are analysed and our strict quality standards are upheld.
- Meet monthly KPIs for all our product ranges (primary antibodies, proteins and peptides, AAAI, kits and assays).
- Participate in team meetings and contribute toward our need to continually improve our processes and product information.
You will hold a degree in a Life Sciences Discipline and have experience of at least one of the following antibody-based applications: Western Blot (WB), IHC, ICC, ELISA, FC. Intermediate MS Office skills are a requirement for this position, some scientific writing experience and advanced MS Office skills would be a plus.You must have meticulous attention to detail and have experience in the use of bioinformatics databases including Uniprot, NCBI and PubMed.
Your commitment to delivering the highest quality datasheets for our customers must be irreproachable as well as your ability to prioritise your workload and meet deadlines.
You will be open to receiving/giving constructive feedback and willing to adapt your work priorities depending on your team and company initiatives/priorities.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!