About the role
This is a new role within Abcam, coordinating the Procurement Regional or Country day to day activities associated with our brand-new oracle based procurement platform. Your role will be to be the interface between our end users and suppliers in processing requisition’s through to completion and ensuring the suppliers deliver against our needs.
Utilising your operational procurement skills, you will be the point of contact in procurement to evaluate how requisitions should be processed, by considering options such as RFQ’s, RFI’s or direct supplier negotiations – all of which will be managed in conjunction with our global procurement team.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Working with the Procurement Managers to support the creation and maintenance of procurement catalogues e Oracle system.
- Responsible for purchase requisition assessment, for the Creation/amendments to purchase orders and the management of Oracle based reports to track deliveries
- Support the Procurement mangers with the creation and management of purchase agreements within the Oracle system.
- Supporting the creation of sourcing events (i.e. RFQ’s & RFI’s) requirements by the Procurement Managers
- Coordinate and manage the Oracle Supplier portal. Key activities will include Supplier training, introduction and discontinuation of suppliers, ensuring all suppliers data is maintained, leading and managing supplier questionnaire requests and responses. The running of day to day procurement reports to support data analysis, key performance indicators and the daily requirements of the procurement function
- Adopt a total cost of ownership mindset to drive new ways of working with the business and suppliers. (Applicable to procurement team)
- Contribute and adhere to procurement policies and procedures to improve the compliance agenda and drive best practices.
- Apply risk management techniques to ensure appropriate measures are taken to mitigate against financial, reputational, legal, business continuity and performance risk exposure. (Applicable to procurement team)
This is great opportunity for someone starting their procurement career and wanting to develop themselves in a global procurement team, demonstrate their ability to learn, use and understand an advanced procurement platform.
If you have the passion, appetite and willingness to learn how to apply the world of procurement systems and processes to the day to day business needs – this could be the job for you.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!