Procurement Support Co-ordinator
Abcam are looking for a Procurement Administrator providing the clerical support and assistance in the Procurement department. The ideal candidate will use their previous support / administrative experience to support the Global Procurement team with all supplier documentation management, savings tracking and other planned activities. In addition, the role will manage cross site travel within the business to include liaising with current travel service provider, PAs and travelling employees.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance of procurement and Oracle procedures and training materials
- Maintenance of supplier information in Oracle
- Savings Tracking
- Contract Management
- Data Analysis, they are the go to person for pulling reports for the category managers.
- The travel coordinator for Abcam
- Reviewing the travel strategy and managing the travel suppliers.
- Coordination of the Procurement Supplier Code of Conduct documents with suppliers.
- Managing the Supplier Tissue questionnaires.
- Updating monthly metrics that are reported to the board.
- Supporting the rollout of the Oracle Procurement module.
- Responsible for the emergency support required for the conversion of purchase requisitions to purchase orders for 11 Abcam sites
- Adding and day to day management of contracts in Oracle
This position requires strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task in a high-paced environment. Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and diplomacy is required. The candidate must possess strong written, oral and interpersonal skills. Values of teamwork, diversity and integrity must also be present. The ability to work independently and with minimal supervision is preferred. The applicant should be proficient with computer-based technology (i.e. Microsoft Excel, Word, presentation and Oracle Cloud applications). The applicant should possess creative problem-solving abilities with an orientation towards results. This position requires regular attendance and punctuality. Experience in a Procurement office environment which uses Oracle as an ERP is preferred.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.