Procurement Coordinator (6 month position)
Abcam is a global life sciences company providing highly validated antibodies and other binders and assays to the research and clinical communities to help advance the understanding of biology and causes of disease.
Our mission is to serve life scientists to help them achieve their mission faster by listening to their needs, continuously innovating and improving and by giving them the tools, data and experience they want. Our ambition is to become the most influential life science company for researchers worldwide.
Under the supervision of the Global Category Lead, the Procurement Coordinator manages the day-to-day interaction and sourcing responsibilities for a group of smaller revenue suppliers as well as other daily tasks as described below for the OEM category.
This is a great opportunity for somebody who has just left uni and is looking for their first experience in industry!!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the procurement annual cost saving targets
- Responsible for the daily management of product queries received via the Products Service Desk. Working cross functionally with internal teams to resolve queries as quickly as possible.
- Management of purchase order, invoice and contract discrepancies relating to the OEM supplier base
- Support the resolution of quality and business continuity issues relating to your assigned OEM suppliers
- Provide day to day procurement support to the Global Sourcing Director and Global Category Lead
- Ensure that the procurement savings tracker is updated to reflect the most accurate picture related to OEM savings
- Support the company-wide quality initiative to reduce complaint rate for high complaint suppliers. This will involve review of quality data and defining root cause with suppliers. This will include working with suppliers if there is a problem in claiming for shortages
- Work with the Accounts team to approve or reject invoices with pricing discrepancies
- Serve as an escalation point with Scientific Support team/ SciQC team on complaints for specific products and help facilitate discussions with appropriate Abcam teams and the supplier to reach a resolution.
- Serve as an escalation point on LVOs when supply-chain is not able to resolve
- Support the maintenance, and use of, the Global Procurement Process - policies, procedures and standards (e.g., supplier documents, SRM, preferred supplier status, internal stakeholder engagement).
- Deputising as interim cover in various team member’s absence as required
This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong communication and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and multi-task in a high-paced environment. Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion is required.
The candidate must possess strong written, oral and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work well both in a team and independently when required.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a Scientific discipline is preferred, but other subjects will be considered.
- 1-2 years of experience in relationship management, preferably in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical/life sciences industries, is advantageous but not essential
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, global, team environment and adapt to change.
- Proficient with computer-based technology (i.e. Microsoft Excel, Word, presentation and Oracle Cloud applications)
- Creative problem-solving abilities with an orientation towards results.