About the role:
We are seeking highly talented, passionate and goal driven professionals to join our team. Our group focuses on challenging, technology driven projects to improve recombinant antibody discovery and produce best quality affinity reagents. The successful candidate will lead the development of advanced technologies for antibody discovery and engineering. This professional must possess a strong background in immunology and molecular biology. Additional expertise in antibody discovery technologies would be desirable. The successful candidate will be expected to oversee large, multi-disciplinary projects, supervise multiple levels of scientists, and contribute to long-range research planning.
Essential Responsibilities:• Serve as a scientific and technical leader to guide and lead execution of technology development projects related to antibody discovery
• Oversee a multi-disciplinary team to deliver on specific individual and corporate objectives within target timeframes
• Identify critical factors and steps that impact the overall success of a project and work to resolve any issues to minimize impact on success
• Resolve scientific or technical challenges including, as needed, the development and implementation of new assays to address complex scientific problems
• Analyze data, write reports and present results and project assessments to Senior Management
• Train and supervise multiple levels of scientific staff
• Maintain broad knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theory in antibody discovery and development
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:• A Ph.D., or equivalent experience in immunology or closely-related discipline
• 10 years relevant experience in a laboratory setting
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:• Deep understanding of immunology, especially B-cell or T-cell biology
• Expertise in antibody discovery technologies
• Excellence in directing research projects and supervising research staff
• Demonstrated ability to carry out long-range research planning
• Intellectual leadership of research projects
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
About UsEver since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.