Portfolio Development Analyst
About the role
Working within the Portfolio Development team, this role will involve supporting the team in driving the alignment of Abcam’s product acquisition pipelines and making key decisions on the most appropriate pipeline to utilise to deliver value to consumers. In this role you will be working closely with Abcam’s Innovation and Manufacturing (I&M) and Product Management teams to ensure the appropriate range of products are added to Abcam’s catalogue to meet consumer needs.
You will also be supporting the process of sharing target and product value analysis with global and regional marketing teams with the overall aim to increase target revenue (existing and new products) and establish a clear network of cross-selling opportunities.
About the Portfolio Development Team
The Portfolio Development team is comprised of a group of experienced scientists, highly knowledgeable of Abcam’s internal production pipelines across all product categories, R&D capabilities and R&D strategic direction, as well as in-licensing and OEM supply professionals. Focused on collaborative working, innovation and strategic thinking, the Portfolio Development team are a highly committed, enthusiastic and ambitious team, who thrive on the challenge of achieving stretching goals. They work in a fast-paced environment where they take a solution first approach to problem solving and are very results focused, with a strong sense of accountability for achieving their goals. What’s more, they have a strong sense of fun and energy.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the team to manage new product suggestions with activities including supporting ranking and prioritisation of target suggestions to ensure Abcam invest in manufacturing antibody targets and developing kits and assays with the greatest commercial potential
- Perform consumer need review to ensure appropriate products are added to key targets across all product categories
- Lead the implementation of two new pipelines to maximize product development and resource usage – Custom to Reagent and Kits to Reagent pipelines
- Select targets and prepare initiation batches for several in-house pipelines: RabMAb (Abcam’s main pipeline), Branford and Kits to Reagent (comparable scale to the rabMAb pipeline). Provide business justification and detailed target information for each of the selected targets, and remain agile in adjusting these analyses to the current needs of the business.
- Ensure cross-functional alignment with the antibody reagents pipelines and the immunoassay pipeline development (sharing best practice, analytics, data, etc)
- Interact with Abcam’s product management and commercial teams, supporting input into Abcam’s market-led approach to new product expansion
- Support the process to coordinate make/buy/license decisions with product managers and the in-licensing team
- Support alignment and communication of pipeline activities within key strategic initiatives
- Support the monthly reporting and newsletter publishing of pipeline activities to key internal stakeholders, including research area and PAM breakdown
- Support the preparation of materials for Business development activities under the Pipeline Early Access Initiative (new program) – specifically to produce viable slide decks represent the catalogue and development programmes at Abcam
- Collaborate with consumer insights group to develop and enhance automation tools for predictive target evaluation and pipeline process improvement
- Support the Consumer Closeness programme and the development of its concept at Abcam
- Act in a positive manner towards brand leadership of the Pipeline team.
Our ideal candidate will have a degree or PhD in Life Sciences or equivalent experience in a laboratory or in the Life Sciences industry. Experience in epigenetics, neuroscience, cancer or immunology would be advantageous. You will have strong MS Office skills, particularly Excel.
You will also have strong analytical, communication and organisation skills with ability to build successful business relationships. Good attention to detail is essential. A background in antibody or protein based research and/or an understanding of antibody and binder manufacturing would be desirable.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.