Offsite SEO Specialist (Permanent)
About the role
A brand-new opportunity to join our Performance Marketing team as an Off-site SEO Specialist on a permanent basis, reporting directly into the Director of eCommerce. As an Off-site SEO Specialist, you will effectively manage the organic search performance of all Abcam digital properties.
You will be working with other specialists to deliver on our 2018 growth targets. You will sit in our growing E-commerce team to maximise the online visibility of our brand and product offering globally across multiple online media channels. You will be working alongside other specialists to support our growing digital footprint.
Please note that our Headquarters are relocating to brand new facilities on the Biomedical campus in Cambridge UK in Dec/Jan 19.
Roles and responsibilities:
Identify and Resolve Technical SEO Issues
- Work with the Technical SEO’s to research websites for outreach
- Identify influencers within the digital space to form partnerships
- Work with our PR & Events teams to identify opportunities
- Use web-based tools to submit multiple business listings
Monitor, Analyze and Report on SEO Performance
- Analyze backlinks to Abcam’s competitor sites to identify outreach opportunities
- Analyze backlinks to Abcam to identify both toxic links and potential improvements to existing links
- Provide insightful analyses and commentary addressing KPI trends and progress.
- Prepare periodic reports that surface important trends and campaign progress in relevant KPIs, using properly formatted charts, tables, and narratives as appropriate.
- Have working knowledge of Excel, including the ability to perform pivot tables and VLOOKUPs (understanding of INDEX/MATCH is a plus).
Audit Websites for SEO Issues
- Using a variety of tools to identify any off-page issues.
- Clearly convey campaign progress, priorities, issues, concerns, new strategy ideas,
- Prepare project deliverables with a high-level of quality (in terms of both substance, format, and understandability). Documents will be accurate, grammatical, easy to read, and spell-checked.
- Prepare for, attend, and contribute to SEO team meetings.
As an offsite SEO expert with an interest in being an innovator in SEO, you will have a very good knowledge of HTML and a good understanding of the code behind a range of common website platforms. You will be equally at home analysing data in spreadsheets or Analytics packages and checking through source code for best practice. It is likely your background will combine experience of both web development and SEO or online marketing.
The role is focused on pushing the right products and the best research areas, therefore a background in Life Sciences will be a real bonus to any applicant.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!