Multiplex Technical Sales Specialist
About the roleThis position will be responsible for providing sales and technical expertise for the FirePlex product portfolio. This includes pre-and post- sale activities with the primary objectives to establish a user base for multiplex protein and miRNA analysis assays and exceed sales targets. This driven technical sales professional will prospect, qualify, manage and close business at key and target accounts.
As an innovator in reagents and tools, Abcam’s purpose is to serve life science researchers globally to achieve their mission faster. Abcam is the number one antibody provider with over 500,000 of the world’s life science researchers using Abcam products routinely. By actively listening to, and collaborating with researchers, the company continuously advances its portfolio to address their needs.
Abcam’s expanding expertise for kits and assays offers researchers improved tools to study Oncology, Immunology, Liver Toxicity, Cardiology and Neurology. Recent investment and expansion of the novel FirePlex platform, a key strategic component of Abcam’s growth strategy, enable scientists to gain insights from crude specimens not previously attainable. We are looking for technical sales professionals who want to be part of this expanding and exciting portfolio!
About the TeamAs a member of the FirePlex team, the Multiplex Technical Sales Specialist will play an integral role in the market expansion of FirePlex miRNA and immunoassay products. They will work closely with Field Application Scientists and internal sales and product management staff to optimize opportunities and provide best in class customer support. This is an opportunity to be part of a new, quickly expanding sales specialist team within Abcam.
- Execute FirePlex key account programs to deliver sales targets for the product range
- Become a recognised technical and business development leader within the commercial organisation that drives strategic objectives and FirePlex product adoption
- Network at opinion leader level, present at industry conferences and prospect for new opportunities to generate qualified leads
- Give technical presentations and drive technical discussions with customers to position features and benefits of the technology based on their needs and objectives
- Perform pre-sales demonstration and support
- Carry out post-sale follow-up activities to ensure product performance and customer satisfaction
- Design product evaluation strategies at targeted new accounts and work closely as an interface between the customer and internal support team to demonstrate technology performance
- Communicate effectively customer feedback to the rest of the organisation, in particular to the Innovation and Marketing teams, to improve product performance and market positioning
- Mentor other members of the sales and marketing organisation with advanced technical sales skills and proven performance
- Master’s degree in a life science discipline
- 2 years’ experience networking and selling technologies with flow cytometry, genomics or proteomics focus
- Ph.D in life science
- Demonstrable track record of customer networking and selling technologies in gene expression, sequencing or qPCR.
- Experience in Proteomics (especially flow cytometry, multiplex immunoassays or similar)
- Sales history of targeting key screening departments at pharma and biotech accounts
- Must possess excellent communication skills (oral and written), including proven ability to influence
- Previous experience working in a team
- Must be customer focused and able to bring scientific credibility to build a strong rapport at PI level
- Good commercial acumen and flexible to adapt to rapidly changing situations arising from technology development environment
- Ability to travel extensively (>50% of the time) in the territory with occasional oversee travel
About UsEver since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.