Job Title: Manufacturing Science & Technology Manager
The purpose of this role is site based role responsible for developing a supporting technology, process robustness, process optimization, technical transfers, investigations for process failures and corrective/preventive actions plans. This role requires an experienced biological manufacturing sciences person that can work cross functionally as well as liaise cross site and globally. This role will be permanent and report to site manufacturing head and then would have 0-3 manufacturing science & technology scientists.
Manufacturing Operations – Manufacturing Science & Technology. The aim of the department is to deliver high quality product to customer faster.
• Ownership of the manufacturing process and develops improvements to increase robustness, reduce failures, defects
• Lead cross functional or manufacturing specific projects for process optimization, implementation of automation or new technology
• Training of manufacturing team members for improved process understanding and background including the science behind the process
• Facilitating quality methods development or confirmation for robustness
• Analytical data trending and analysis utilizing statistical evaluation to lead problem solving and process optimization
• Lead technical transfers, including internal cross site as well as external transfers between Abcam and external partners; also internal from NPD to manufacturing
• Develop culture and skill-building, leading the teaching of the “whys” behind the manufacturing processes across the technical operations organization
• Define appropriate “design of experiments” to optimize key manufacturing process steps
5+ years of biological manufacturing and technology
Antibody manufacturing experience strongly preferred
Fluent in English for written and verbal communication;
Masters in Life Sciences or Bachelor’s with extensive experience
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.