Marketing Automation Specialist (Fixed Term until 31st December 2019)
About the role
As a Marketing Automation Specialist, you will execute strategic marketing programs to improve engagement with our content through email marketing and drive demand and lead generation supporting the sales initiatives and business objectives. You will be detail orientated with proven ability to work on multiple projects concurrently. You will be working with the wider marketing team, working alongside writers, designers and digital channel owners to develop innovative ways to engage our customers.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and improving marketing campaigns and nurtures following existing processes
- Assist in developing all types of online activity including promotional, advertising, media plans, research, websites, and CRM to support targeted campaigns.
- Understanding data and data protection regulation and ensuring compliance across all processes
- Monitor and analyze the effectiveness of marketing promotions and strategies through email metrics, Google analytics, and sales performance
- Share learnings and recommendations on campaign performance
- Collect data and report on relevant competitor activities
- Review and approve campaigns created by the wider marketing team including highlighting improvements
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects and meet deadlines
- Ensure consistency with the Abcam brand and messaging across all channels
- Experience working with a marketing automation platform / Email service provider (ESP), preferably Eloqua (Oracle Marketing Cloud)
- Bachelor's degree (B.S., B.A.), or higher.
- 3 years’+ experience in a marketing role, preferably at a life science company
- 3 years of extensive experience using MS Office (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Highly organized and quick to learn
- Demonstrated knowledge of on-line and off-line marketing tactics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree (B.S., B.A.), or higher, in a life science discipline or a related area.
- Good working knowledge of operations and workflows in life sciences research with reagents, instruments and relevant applications
- Experience in a marketing role at a life science company
- Marketing experience supporting a sales team
- Ability to meet scheduled deliverables and timelines
- Ability to work in fast changing, team environment in cross functional teams
- Some experience or proven understanding of antibody reagents market; knowledge of antibody related technologies or IHC diagnostics laboratory workflow & needs would be highly beneficial
- Previous experience working with customers, field sales and support etc
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.
You will be joining Abcam at an exciting time of growth and innovation!