Marketing Assistant - Life Sciences Graduate (3 months)
About the role
We are looking for a Life Sciences graduate with a genuine interest in Marketing, to join our rapidly expanding Business Development team. As a Marketing Assistant, you will support the team with the development and execution of marketing campaigns, with the organisation of trade shows and events as well as with copywriting. You will also help us establish Abcam as the partner of choice for scientific and commercial partnerships.
We will help you develop your understanding of the business development and marketing functions within a highly successful life sciences business.
This role is available on a 3 months' contract in the first instance.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate and support marketing campaigns. Work with the in-house design team and content editors to generate offline and online tactics.
- Project management of external events and conferences. Assist with registration, purchase orders and logistics coordination. Liaise with conference organisers to ensure all advertising and supporting materials are delivered on time.
- Help to coordinate meetings for the Business Development team at B2B tradeshows.
- Monitor and maintain the licensing inbox, responding and assigning leads when needed.
- Assist with account profiling and prospecting. Work with cross-functional teams to gather key information on targeted accounts and validate potential leads.
You must hold a Life Sciences degree and have a genuine interest for Marketing.
Ideally you will have some experience within Marketing and/or organising events, however this is not essential.
Your attitude is really key for this position, along with a genuine interest in Marketing, you also are a self-starter who can work independently and who has a positive mindset. You also enjoy working in a team and are able to positively contribute to the team.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
About UsEver since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.