About the role
Abcam Logistics is focused on providing the world’s best scientific research tools to scientists everywhere. Our goal is to help scientists discover more, faster. A Logistics Technician’s impact on Abcam's goal comes through receiving incoming stock and ensuring that customer orders are fulfilled accurately, efficiently, and punctually
Roles & responsibilities:
- Ship to domestic distributors and other international offices
- Process incoming shipments from suppliers
- Fulfill customer orders using internal systems and processes
- Compile shipping documentation
- Manage stock of package materials
- Maintain/improve workplace and warehouse environments
- Comply with all Health & Safety (H&S) regulations
- Logistics experience (essential)
- PC skills with MS Office
- Good team working skills and good adaptability
- Effective communication skills
- Long hours of standing work
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to lift/load 16kg
- Ability to manage change with positively
- Experience of working in life science business (useful)
- Experience of aliquoting and the use of flow hoods (desirable)!
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with thevision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.