Laboratory Support Manager
About the Role
The Lab Support Services (LSS) assist other laboratory-based groups with the day-to-day running of the laboratory spaces to ensure that these are run efficiently and our scientists are able to focus on their work knowing that their equipment and materials are maintained to a high standard. Our focus is to maintain high standards within each laboratory, ensuring continuity and standardisation of processes to satisfy our ISO9001 accreditation.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the LSS team (2-5 people), including supervision and training
- Manage LSS budget
- Play a key part in auditing processes and work with the Quality Assurance team ensuring corrective actions are taken in compliance with accreditation and procedural requirements
- Identify opportunities where LSS could improve processes
- Deliver induction for new, laboratory-based, staff
- Own team’s responsibilities
- Waste stream management
- Glass ware cleaning
- Equipment calibrations
- Consumable ordering
- Buffer preparations
- Technical support, including routine experimental testing
You will hold HNC or equivalent in a biological sciences discipline. Practical experience of lab-based work, and experience managing a biological lab is crucial.
You will have proven problem-solving skills and initiative. You have sound IT skills and excellent organisation skills. Your verbal and written communication skills will be excellent, in order to prepare and maintain documentation to a high standard and to communicate technical issues and processes with users of the service.
A working knowledge of health and safety within a laboratory setting (COSHH) and a strong familiarity with the ISO accreditation standards will be vital for this role.
Deadline for application: 26th August @5pm