Key Account Manager Germany
Abcam is a successful and fast-growing life science company specializing in the production and sale of antibodies and related protein research tools to scientific research organizations. To support our continued growth, we are looking for a talented and driven sales professional to join our dynamic sales team.
The Key Account Manager will be responsible for the generation of new business and managing a portfolio of key pharma/biotech accounts primarily in Germany and Switzerland.
The position will be based remotely (home office) in Germany and will report into the Head of Sales.
You will have significant experience of selling research products and services into pharma/biotech accounts. In addition, you will have a good understanding of drug discovery and/or diagnostic workflows and the technologies employed.
You will have experience of prospecting for new business, developing account plans and to be able to communicate effectively, both commercially and technically, to cultivate long term, relationships with key customers.
A minimum of a MSc or PhD in biological sciences is essential and experience in protein research, immunology and Immunohistochemistry would be desirable. Travel both domestic and international is required of up to 70% which includes face to face meetings with customers, attendance at roadshows and conferences, and travelling to sales meetings.
· Drive the revenue growth of the business by promoting and negotiating on our full range of products and services, which includes RabMAb catalogue products, customised antibody production services, Fireplex technology and additional new initiatives developed by the organisation.
· Identify new opportunities to develop business relationships in key accounts with a special focus on high potential accounts in the territory.
· Develop a Key Account Plan for each target organisation that supports our specific business objectives and implement supporting activities, develop key contacts and achieve the revenue goals for each organisation.
· Adopt the Sales Cloud CRM system and use its functionality and content to manage leads, opportunities and provide insight into key accounts.
· Promptly and professionally reply to customer inquiries and requests
· Responsible for meeting individual objectives and revenue goals for the assigned territory
· Prospect for new business within target market segments
· Continually provide market feedback to the organisation around customer trends, market development, competitive activities.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth.