IT Service Delivery Manager
About the RoleReporting to the Head of IT Service Management, the IT Service Delivery Manager is responsible for managing the delivery of all IT Services to agreed SLAs for their customer base, achieving a high level of customer satisfaction.
The post holder will be required to engage with local customers on operational problems and incidents, bringing in required technical experts as necessary. The IT Service Delivery Manager will ensure that IT service delivery is consistent and of high quality, and in line with customer requirements and services.
About the Service Delivery TeamThe IT Service Delivery Team forms part of the Business Systems Division at Abcam, accountable for the end-to-end delivery of change across the business. The team is the “go-to” team for management of processes (problem and incident management) for all Oracle and in-house application issues and is a vital link between the business and external 3rd party Managed Service Providers.
Roles and Responsibilities
Core Duties and Responsibilities:-
Service Management• Responsible for building personal relationships with customers, managing the delivery of IT services to them; making sure that services are appropriately planned and delivered in line with national and local standards to meet customer requirements.
• Acts as the primary escalation point for customers in the relevant locality in respect of the delivery of contracted services, problem resolution and promoting active stakeholder engagement.
• Perform monthly SLA reviews with customers to monitor and manage service delivery and project requests into the IT Services Delivery Team.
• Works closely with suppliers, partners and internal teams: monitor, manage, and ensure continuous improvement of the IT Support Service; promote internal quality and improvement initiatives that ensure IT industry best practice is followed to deliver highly-available solutions efficiently and effectively.
• Works with the customer to identify and manage service improvement activities. Develops service improvement plans and owns activities on them.
• Has strong technical, analytical and communication skills and has the ability to quickly build trust and engagement with internal and external stakeholders.
• Ensures that appropriate action is taken to anticipate, investigate and resolve problems in systems and services. Ensures that such problems are fully documented within the relevant reporting system(s). Coordinates the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures. Analyses patterns and trends.
• Supports the Head of IT Service Management in the development, implementation and maturity of service delivery teams within an ITIL framework, promoting best practice.
• Operates effectively in a flexible and demanding environment and proactively engages with staff, consultants and contractors working on a variety of topics.
Communication and Engagement
• Works effectively with a variety of external consultancies working on other projects and programmes as required
• Provides and receive highly complex, sensitive and contentious information, presenting information, to a wide range of stakeholders in a formal setting
• Committed to working and engaging constructively with internal and external stakeholders on a range of business sensitive issues
• To support, motivate and develop staff within the team to ensure that they are able to deliver high quality IT services.
Financial and Physical Resources
• Support the management and development of the customer services function.
• Participate in out of hours/24-7 escalation rota.
• Drafting reports summarising status on issues, appraising outcomes, and providing progress reports for the Heads of Departments.
• Collate as required, qualitative and quantitative information and lead appropriate analysis to develop robust business cases and contribute to project ‘products’.
• Analyse, interpret and present data to highlight issues, risks and support decision making.
Policy and Service Development• Responsible for proposing and drafting changes, implementation and interpretation to policies, guidelines and service level agreements (SLA’s) which may impact service.
• Proposes changes to own function making recommendations for service delivery.
• Plan, develop and evaluate methods and processes for gathering, analysing, interpreting and presenting data and information.
Research and Development
• Deliver projects to comply with key performance indicators.
• Co-ordinating Research & Development initiatives, delegating as appropriate.
About You• Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above responsibilities
• A passion for Service Improvement
• Experienced Service Management professional
• ITIL Qualified
• Previous experience as a Team Lead or demonstrable experience in leading virtual teams
• Experience of managing 3rd parties and 3rd party delivered services
• Service Management or Support in a large-scale and diverse environment of incident management, escalation procedures and related disciplines
• Expert knowledge of ITIL disciplines
• Excellent leadership and people management skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Willingness to support and mentor junior staff
• Excellent customer facing/customer service skills
• Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Able to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility including shift and out of hours working
• Excellent organisational skills, self-motivation and able to take responsibility
• Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
• Able to manage and prioritise and tasks and time efficiently
• Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. There is a requirement for the post holder to recognise this and adopt a flexible approach to work. Job descriptions will be reviewed regularly and where necessary revised in accordance with organisational needs. Any major changes will be discussed with the post holder.
About UsEver since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.