Integrations Manager, Corporate Development
Provide project management leadership to plan, prepare, and execute integration efforts across various corporate development projects, including investments, large licenses, asset purchases and acquisitions. This role will collaborate with the Director of Integrations through all phases to ensure seamless communication and alignment between Corporate Development, Executive Leadership, operational stakeholders and integration teams.
- Anticipate the needs of the Corporate Development team for deals from close to completion, by developing project plans and roadmaps for integrations and other corporate development projects.
- Create detailed project plans with stage gates and prioritized tasks to achieve project goals.
- Develop, cascade and educate the business on Abcam’s integration playbook, including discipline and execution practices.
- Leverage resources, expertise, and knowledge across functional areas to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Communicate with the corporate development team, project team, and functional stakeholders to align on project timelines and critical paths.
- Deliver weekly status updates on the progress of the integration to the project team and stakeholders to ensure continued awareness, buy-in, and shared ownership.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and escalation for the project team on integration plan and roadmap objectives.
- Manage internal stakeholders to align and achieve project timelines and budget.
- Identify and communicate project risks and work with teams and stakeholders to define solutions to mitigate the risks.
- Find additional opportunities across projects to leverage synergies and deliver value across the organization.
- May participate in other Corporate Development initiatives as required.
Key Performance Indicators and Deliverables:
- Delivery of successful integration(s)- on budget and on time
Main Interfaces and customers (internal/external)
- Company business leaders (Functional Stakeholders)
- Project leads and participants
Competencies, (Skills, Knowledge):
- High business acumen and exceptional analytical skills
- Practical approach and solid understanding of change management strategies and process
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong active listening and natural problem-solving skills
- Team player and ability to lead and influence effectively at all levels to achieve results
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Forward looking with a holistic approach
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Able to build strong relationships at all levels across the organization
- Experience in (1) mergers & acquisitions integration processes including risk mitigation; (2) managing complex life science projects such as preclinical or clinical projects in pharma/biotech/CROs; or (3) investment banking or consulting experience focused in life science mergers and acquisitions.
- Prior experience and verifiable track record of building project plans, stage gates and critical paths for projects of various size and complexity.
- Experience working in diverse global environments with regional business structures
- Experience managing, leading and motivating cross functional project teams
- Prior experience managing multiple projects simultaneously with multiple functional business partners in a fast-paced and growing company
- Experience with business process improvement (preferred but not required)
- Execution excellence – set aggressive but realistic plans and expectations, manage and resolve challenges and deliver consistently against planned dates and business results
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Bachelor’s, MS, or PhD degree in a life science related field
- 3-5 years of experience managing complex project plans for life science project management or successful acquisition integrations, preferably in the life science or biotechnology space.