Inside Sales Specialist
About the role
The Inside Sales Specialist will focus on prospecting, qualifying and closing quotations for orders in select geographic territories. In order to deliver on revenue expectations, the Specialist will proactively make outbound calls and schedule customer visits in their assigned territory, as well as manage incoming email and phone inquiries. This will involve building remote relationships with key users at priority accounts, and nurturing large opportunities through a pipeline.
Roles & responsibilities:
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- Deliver on revenue expectations for catalog sales
- Qualify leads and make decisions on discount strategy for opportunities.
- Maintain constant communication with customers throughout quoting process and work toward building relationships
- Follow up with customers after quoting process to determine outcome and close business.
- Develop and implement a proactive strategy for prospecting new business, including customer outreach for qualified leads resulting from marketing campaigns/efforts.
- Recommend complementary products and cross-sell
- Utilize a CRM to manage an opportunity pipeline.
This role is ideal for someone with a fundamental understanding of working with antibodies, has gained some experience in a customer-facing role in industry and wants to move toward a career in sales. Or perhaps, you already have a successful track record in Inside Sales, but want your next challenge. This could be it.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or related field
- 2 years’ previous experience in a customer-facing role required
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience working with antibodies
- Previous experience in Inside Sales, highly preferred
- Must be outgoing and personable
- Possess outstanding communication skills and demonstrate a professional phone demeanor
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Must be highly organized and a self-starter
- Must convey a positive, “can-do” attitude
- Experience using CRM systems
- Ability to travel 10-20%
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!