About the role
We are seeking a highly talented, passionate and goal-driven professional to join our Cambridge MA. Team. As part of our US IT team, this role will help implement and design infrastructure for our US offices as well as aligning with global standards. This also includes working together with our Global team to help maintain our infrastructure and network security needs. The role does require some Linux Administration.
About the department
Our department is one that empowers individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. We place great emphasis on knowledge and experience. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, with everybody working together as a team to deliver great service and the best products to our customers.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Build and maintain the Abcam internal IT infrastructure, and exercise independent judgement, where necessary, to support normal business function.
- Administration of robust, scalable, high performance services that form our internal IT infrastructure for both Windows and Linux Platforms
- Apply systems analysis techniques and procedures to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications in an effort to improve existing infrastructure.
- Support the infrastructure platform and provide incident troubleshooting, problem solving and expert resolution (including adhoc out of hours).
- Provide IT infrastructure expertise to other team members and delegate tasks, as-needed.
- Assist with implementing new US and Global IT platforms.
- Carry out infrastructure maintenance tasks (i.e. backup and DR drill procedures, etc.).
- Support and perform work on projects and initiatives, as it relates to the Global IT strategy.
- Perform network maintenance, which may include working through scheduled weekend maintenance
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent subjects or equivalent experience
- 3+ years commercial experience managing and maintaining network infrastructure in both Windows & Linux Platforms
- 3+ years of Prior experience supporting a multi-site IT Infrastructure environment with network security best practices
- Ability to clearly communicate & document complicated technical problems and present findings and recommendations
- Ability to apply a good troubleshooting approach under pressure
- Ability to automate processes
- Good understanding of IT infrastructure such as Office 365, Active Directory, Firewalls, etc.
- Experience of working with Office 365 in a hybrid setup
- Experience of firewall management, network security best practices, phone system administration
- Implementing robust and scalable infrastructure
- Experience working with virtual infrastructures, VMWare strongly preferred
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!