Head of Sales, EMEA
The Head of Sales (EMEA) will be responsible for building and developing the European Sales Team for Abcam. This newly created role has responsibility for the annual revenue budget and to develop a strategy to achieve that goal. They will lead, develop and grow the Key Account management, and Inside sales teams, and work closely with European Customer Experience Team to achieve our overall objectives.
Abcam has a unique approach to the market and brings the strengths of category and digital marketing to support the commercial teams approach in building market share and maximising the customer experience.
The European sales team has responsibility for a selected number of named Key Accounts, and supports the full range of customer focused activities. This includes face to face selling, telesales, local roadshows and conferences to meet and develop rapport with our customers and key opinion leaders. By building direct relationships we can help our customers achieve their results faster.
In addition, we support the development of new products and solutions that meet our customers’ needs by informing our inside teams. Abcam sales teams provide market intelligence and customer insights to the marketing team, supporting new product launches, and following up on marketing generated leads. The business manages these interactions through our Integrated Sales Cloud CRM.
The position reports into the EMEA General Manager.
The EMEA Commercial Operations team at Abcam are based both in the field and at our global headquarters in Cambridge UK. The team is made up of experienced Life Science Sales and Marketing professionals and have responsibility to deliver revenue across the EMEA territory. Their key focus is helping customers achieve their goals whilst ensuring an excellent Customer Experience for all of our Academic, Biotech, Diagnostic and Industrial accounts. There have been some exciting recent changes with a new structure and operating model established to support our continued growth.
- Develop a Key Account Strategy across the sales team
- Inspire, coach and lead a team of multilingual geographically diverse account managers and inside sales people.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories
- Coordinate with the product, sales, marketing and customer facing teams across offices to implement new product launches, understand the needs of our customers and generate leads
- Consolidate, analyze and deliver field based intelligence including customer feedback, competitor intelligence and market trends back to relevant stakeholders
- Develop a training plan for the organisation and work with business partners to deliver sales training and development programs with team and customer facing departments
- Work collaboratively with Finance business partners to manage budgets and expenditure prudently and responsibly.
- Drive the revenue growth of the business by promoting and negotiating on our full range of products and services, which includes RabMAb catalogue products, customised antibody production services, Firefly technology and additional new initiatives developed by the organisation.
- Build customer relationships that enhance our position, competitiveness, and profitability
- Promptly and professionally reply to customer inquiries and requests
- Prospect for new business within target market segments
- Travel (domestic and international) of up to 50% which includes face to face meetings with customers, attendance at roadshows and conferences, and travelling to sales meetings.
The ideal candidate will have an MSc or PhD in life sciences, preferably in an area such as protein research, immunology or immunohistochemistry. You should possess extensive experience in a senior sales role operating within a tailored Key Account strategy working across a dynamic customer base including Academia, Pharma and Diagnostics.
You should have excellent leadership skills with a natural coaching style and a demonstrable track record of leading a sales force to exceed budget.
The successful candidate will have the ability to blend both strategy and execution, possess strong negotiation skills and have an analytical, data driven mind-set.
If this sounds like you and you would like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It is our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you will join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.