Global Knowledge Manager
As part of Abcam’s mission to help life scientists achieve their mission faster, Abcam is looking to increase digital adoption to support this mission by enabling customers to self-serve through the appropriate digital channels to increase satisfaction and drive FCR (first contact resolution).
As such, Abcam is searching for an enthusiastic and experienced Global Knowledge Manager whose principle objective is to define, develop and maintain the content used and shared within Abcam’s Service & Support teams and external customers through a seamless omnichannel experience.
This is a global role requiring strong coordination with regional support teams to drive adoption and continuous service improvement. The Knowledge Manager will promote, develop, deliver and maintain knowledge content and ensure its alignment with business strategies and objectives.
- Play a key role in the strategic direction and execution of enhanced digital experiences through appropriate channels where knowledge content is key; such as chat-bot and voice recognition
- Support phased global roll-out by country/region of knowledge management solution and processes
- Define knowledge request processes and fulfilment from external customers and local and regional teams
- Develop, promote and maintain the knowledge base content strategy and best practices across Abcam
- Working with Abcam’s technical, operational (customer facing) and marketing teams to create and maintain knowledge content
- Maintain relationship between internal team and knowledge management solution provider
- Ensure adoption and alignment across Abcam support teams to drive a consistent global customer experience.
- Set up and lead Knowledge Management community providing effective support to user group
- Stakeholder management at all levels and seniorities within Abcam
- Coordinates day-to-day execution of the knowledge management process
- Ensure knowledge management standards and procedures are followed and communicate necessary changes to business teams
- Monitoring, reporting, and analysis against set KPI measures and targets
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and implementing key changes needed to drive engagement and address process issues.
- Reviews and acts upon content feedback received from internal and external users through defined workflow
- Co-ordinate translation activities and proof-reading of localised content
- Identify, develop and influence team of local and regional knowledge stewards
- English speaker with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience of delivering content management strategy, procedures and processes
- Strong copy writing and proof-reading skills
- Ability to rewrite knowledge content for the audience and channel intended
- Professional, confident, credible and an enthusiastic team player able to work effectively.
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively to lead change with people on a global basis.
- Experience of driving changes to culture and behavior, delivering higher levels of engagement.
- Ability to confidently communicate and manage stakeholders at all levels and seniorities, to influence and drive change
- Chinese language (Mandarin)desirable
- Degree in a life science discipline or experience working in the life science industry would be advantageous
- Travel is essential as part of this role
Founded in 1998, Abcam PLC was an early pioneer of eCommerce in the life sciences industry and aptly, described as ‘the Amazon of antibodies’ in its early years and more recently, ‘the Apple of antibodies’. For multiple years, including 2017, Abcam was voted and awarded the ‘Best Website’ by life science researchers with millions of visits monthly. Today, Abcam is one of the top 5 most valued companies listed on AIM with a market cap value of nearly £3B.
With offices across the US, Europe, and Asia, Abcam is one of the leading life science companies today, achieving multi-year double digit growth with the aim of helping scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.