Finance Business Partner
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Finance Business Partner to join the fast-paced and dynamic team to be a pivotal part in shaping how Abcam improves its inventory valuation, gross margin analysis.
The partnering element of the role will be responsible for working closely with the Costing & Inventory Manager revising and refining existing financial processes to support board and business decision making. By working directly with lab based and operational staff, supporting them with appropriate analysis and controls (not just sat in the Finance department).
Your responsibilities include:
- Managing and running the monthly Period Close Process for Inventory and Cost of Sales for the UK entity.
- Building and maintaining complex models for costing, analysis, and forecasting of new and existing products within the UK entity.
- Support with External Audit activities, ensuring that appropriate controls are in place and adhered to.
- Partnering with Supply Chain, to report, control, and forecast Inventory movements.
- Partnering with Manufacturing and Logistics, to provide inventory controls, analysis of costs and support of process improvements.
- Partnering with the Tax Department on the UK R&D claim.
Managing a work load that is diverse and time pressured, so you will be “right first time” type of person, comfortable keeping plates spinning whilst always delivering on time and to a high standard.
Ideally you will have extensive experience in audit, internal controls and/or cost accounting to be a success at this.
Constantly striving for improvement, you will challenge the status quo and look for innovative and creative ways to solve problems and improve processes.
· Fully Qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) ideally with experience in an accounting
· Experience in SAP, Oracle or similar ERP System.
· Advanced MS Excel experience is required.
No agencies please!