Field Scientific Specialist
About the role
This position will be responsible for providing technical expertise and business development for the FirePlex product portfolio. The ideal candidate will position the portfolio peer to peer via technical talks, scientific conferences and technical poster presentations. The role includes pre-and post- sale activities with the primary objectives to establish a user base for multiplex protein analysis assays in 384 well HTS format and 96 well screening formats along with multiplex miRNA assays. This driven technical professional will prospect, qualify, manage and close business at key and target accounts, exceeding targets and objectives. The ideal candidate will understand researcher’s current scientific challenges and position FirePlex assays as a superior alternative to current methodologies.
As an innovator in reagents and tools, Abcam’s purpose is to serve life science researchers globally to achieve their mission faster. Abcam is the number one antibody provider with over 500,000 of the world’s life science researchers using Abcam products routinely. By actively listening to and collaborating with researchers, the company continuously advances its portfolio to address their needs.
Abcam’s expanding expertise for kits and assays offers researchers improved tools to study areas such as Oncology, Immunology, Liver Toxicity, Cardiology and Neurology and other biological sciences. Recent investment and expansion of the novel FirePlex platform, a key strategic component of Abcam’s growth strategy, enable scientists to gain insights from crude specimens not previously attainable. We are looking for technical sales professionals who want to be part of this expanding and exciting portfolio!.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Network at opinion leader level, present at industry conferences and prospect for new opportunities to generate qualified leads
- Give technical presentations and drive technical discussions with customers to position features and benefits of the technology based on their needs and objectives
- Gain full understanding of customer projects including scope, technical challenges, timelines and anticipated results.
- Design product evaluation strategies at targeted new accounts and work closely as an interface between the customer and internal support team to demonstrate technology performance
- Execute FirePlex key account programs to deliver sales targets for the product range
- Become a recognised technical and business development leader within the commercial organisation that drives strategic objectives and FirePlex product adoption
- Perform pre-sales assay demonstration and support
- Carry out post-sale follow-up activities to ensure product performance and customer satisfaction
- Communicate effectively customer feedback to the rest of the organisation, in particular, to the Innovation and Marketing teams, to improve product performance and market positioning
- Mentor other members of the sales and marketing organisation with advanced technical sales skills and proven performance
- Master Degree in Biological Science or Bachelor Degree in Bioengineering
- Experience defending a hypothesis driven scientific project including experimental design
- Ability to present to and converse with a technical audience, answering challenging questions
- Experience in Proteomics or Genomics (especially high content imaging assays, automated assays, flow cytometry, multiplex immunoassays or similar)
- Must possess excellent communication skills (oral and written), including proven ability to influence at high levels of customer organization
- Must be customer focused and able to bring scientific credibility to build a strong rapport at PI level
- Ph.D. in life science
- High Through Put Screening experience highly desirable
- 2 years’ experience networking and selling technical technologies
- Experience in running, providing technical support or business development in Proteomics (especially flow cytometry, multiplex immunoassays, HTS assays or similar)
- Experience in running, providing technical support or business development in gene expression, sequencing or qPCR.
- Product launch experience highly desirable
- Sales history of targeting key screening departments at pharma and biotech accounts
- Good commercial acumen and flexible to adapt to rapidly changing situations arising from technology development environment
- Previous experience working in a team
- Ability to travel (up to 50% of the time) in the territory with occasional oversea travel such as sales meetings
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!