Field Application Specialist
About the role
This position will be responsible for providing technical expertise and assay support for the FirePlex multiplex product portfolio. The ideal candidate will position the portfolio peer to peer via technical talks, scientific conferences and technical poster presentations. The role includes pre-and post- sale support activities with objectives to establish a user base for multiplex protein analysis assays in 384 well HTS format and 96 well screening formats along with multiplex miRNA assays. The Field Application Scientist will work closely with the business development team of Field Scientific Specialists as well as Product Management to provide technical support and bring feedback to the internal organization.
This driven scientific professional will evaluate and test laboratory equipment such as flow cytometers, high content imagers and offer automation support. The Field Application Scientist will lead technical discussion prior to sale including experimental design, assay plate layout and recommendations for optimal assay performance. The ideal candidate will understand researchers’ current scientific challenges and position FirePlex assays as a superior alternative to current methodologies. Pre-sale support may include guidance on use of FirePlex software tools including the Discovery Engine for selection of miRNAs. The Field Application Scientist will offer post sale support by answering technical questions, troubleshooting results, and offering guidance on use of the FirePlex Analysis Workbench software.
As an innovator in reagents and tools, Abcam’s purpose is to serve life science researchers globally to achieve their mission faster. Abcam is the number one antibody provider with over 500,000 of the world’s life science researchers using Abcam products routinely. By actively listening to and collaborating with researchers, the company continuously advances its portfolio to address their needs.
Abcam’s expanding expertise for kits and assays offers researchers improved tools to study areas such as Oncology, Immunology, Liver Toxicity, Cardiology and Neurology and other biological sciences. Recent investment and expansion of the novel FirePlex platform, a key strategic component of Abcam’s growth strategy, enable scientists to gain insights from crude specimens not previously attainable. We are looking for technical sales professionals who want to be part of this expanding and exciting portfolio!
Roles & responsibilities:
- Network at opinion leader level, present at industry conferences and initiate technical discussions to generate leads
- Give technical presentations and drive technical discussions with customers to position features and benefits of the technology based on their needs and objectives
- Gain full understanding of customer projects including scope, technical challenges, timelines and anticipated results
- Design product evaluation workflows at targeted new accounts and work closely as an interface between the customer and internal FSS/support team to demonstrate technology performance
- Work with customers on instrument set up and calibration
- Perform pre-sales assay demonstration and post sale technical support
- Communicate effectively customer feedback to the rest of the organisation, in particular to the Innovation and Marketing teams, to improve product performance and market positioning
- Master Degree in Biological Science or Bachelor Degree in Bioengineering
- Experience defending a hypothesis driven scientific project including experimental design
- 1+ year experience with instrumentation such as flow cytometer, high content imager and high through put screening automation
- Ability to present to and converse with a technical audience, answering challenging questions
- Experience in Proteomics or Genomics (especially high content imaging assays, automated assays, flow cytometry, multiplex immunoassays or similar)
- Must possess excellent communication skills (oral and written), including proven ability to influence at high levels of customer organization
- Must be customer focused and able to bring scientific credibility to build a strong rapport at PI level
- Friendly, positive, self-motivated and a team player
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Takes initiative and follows up on work appropriately
- Ph.D. in life science
- High Throughput Screening experience highly desirable
- Experience in running or providing technical support in Proteomics (especially flow cytometry, multiplex immunoassays, HTS assays or similar)
- Experience in running or providing technical support in gene expression, sequencing or qPCR
- Product launch experience highly desirable
- Experience working with biomarker screening departments at pharma and biotech accounts
- Flexible to adapt to rapidly changing situations arising from technology development environment
- Previous experience working in a team
- Ability to travel (> 50% of the time) in the territory with occasional oversea travel such as sales meetings
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!