Facilities Manager, US
Job Title: Regional Senior Manager of Facilities
About the role
We are seeking an experienced leader who will be responsible for efficient maintenance and management of Abcam’s North American physical facilities located in all our United States locations. Key responsibilities include long term facility capacity planning, building space planning, construction project management, layout and outfitting, management of maintenance and support operations, serve as coordinator of disaster management and partnering closely with environmental health and safety activities, as well as take on additional facilities related initiatives that fall within the North American region. This role supports the efficient use of corporate resources, manages third party contractors and provides a safe and healthy working environment. Additionally, the successful candidate assures compliance with local, state and federal regulations by coordinating the granting and maintenance of required registrations and licenses.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Functions as primary company contact for all landlords and corresponding building management
- Outlines essential corporate procedures, develops a writing/updating schedule and delivers approved/released documents per plan
- Efficiently manages all building support and maintenance activities, using both internal and external resources
- Identifies potential vendors, negotiates contract terms, prepares presentations for internal and external review and manages ongoing business relationships;
- Tracks and manages expenditures for facility related projects, including both primary contracts and change orders
- Functions as primary interface with external organizations involved with facility planning, permitting and construction
- Functions as project manager for modest construction and upgrade projects
- Maintains a listing of local, state and federal registrations needed to support ongoing operations and coordinates with internal stakeholders to assure that all are up to date and appropriate
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to incorporate requirements; including but not limited to GMP, Research and Development needs, as well as IT and Marketing requests
- Operates with the highest level of integrity and ethical performance; Has focus on detail and expects the same from internal and external business partners
- Directs internal day-to-day office procedures to ensure smooth and efficient operations
- Position will require on-call status to address potential emergencies and physical security issues
- May be required to perform other facility coordination duties on exceptional basis
Skills & abilities:
- Well-developed team skills
- Strong negotiation skills with demonstrated ability to develop and manage contracts
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong conceptual, analytical and problem-solving ability
- Ability to multi-task, setting priorities effectively to produce quality work in a fast-paced professional environment
- Communicates effectively and appropriately; Uses good judgment as to what to communicate to whom as well as the best way to get that accomplished; Speaks in a clear and credible manner, selecting the right tone for the situation and audience; Listens to others and allows them to make their point
- Proficient in Microsoft software applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD is desired.
- Excellent communication skills; fluent (oral/written) English
- Bachelor’s in related field
- 10 years of commercial facilities management - facility development, operation and/or maintenance areas of focus
- 5+ years of construction and renovation of small to medium scale projects; Knowledge of commercial construction practices, building code requirements and interaction with regulatory authorities required.
- 5 years of development and management of operational budgets
- 5 years of experience working in a healthcare or GMP regulated industry is preferred
- 5 years of supervisory experience managing a distributed workforce is preferred
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.