Facilities Manager, US
About the role:The Facilities Manager is responsible for the overall smooth functioning of the Abcam office and laboratories in Cambridge, MA as well as the other Abcam offices in the USA including Burlingame, CA, Branford CT and Eugene, OR.
Reports to the Global Facilities Director.
• Management of and overall responsibility for hard services / M&E, hard services labor load program, and equipment maintenance
• Management of all soft services, including but not limited to cleaning, security, catering, off-site scanning and storage
• Management of facilities staff including front of house personnel, consultants, contractors, and vendors necessary to support daily operations and deliver support services, as well as set objectives oversee performance management process
• Management of the annual budget through carefully controlled expenditure; monitor cost expenditure against budget and prepare a monthly forecast and variance report
• Prepare, manage and reconcile budgets and service charges; manage purchase orders and supplier invoices
• Ensure FM and office administrative staff address internal complaints/maintenance requests in a reasonable time and manner; oversee the development and maintenance of facilities ticket system, Help Desk, and any other communication
• Prepare internal policy and procedures
• Compile manage and train staff in internal FM software systems
• Report to senior ABCAM Staff and chair internal management meetings where appropriate.
• Work with Environmental Health & Safety team to review and update all aspects of Health and Safety in the workplace to at least compliance level in regard to employees, contractors, visitors and members of the public
About the role:You will have at least five years in Facilities Management, with some experience overseeing lab space. You will have led office expansions in the past, and managed properties out of state. Change drives you and attention to detail is an innate ability. You have strong, influential communication skills and possess great leadership skills.
• 5 years of M&E / Hard services management and FM Management
• 2 years of experience in people management
• 2 years of experience in managing budgets, and negotiating contractual agreements
Desired Qualifications:• Proven knowledge and experience in managing hard and soft services
• Proven knowledge and experience building out new / refurbished office spaces
• Experienced working for companies that work in and around laboratories
• Experienced in working with catering contractors
• Proficient in preparing work plans, space and furniture planning, reviewing design and construction documents
• Working knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety, workplace safety, risk and hazard management
• Skilled in using software applications for writing, project and task scheduling, drawing, budget and cost analysis, and managing information
• H&S qualification
About UsEver since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.