Event Marketing Specialist
Event Marketing Specialist
About the role:
Responsible for executing tradeshows and Abcam Conferences in support of strategic marketing initiatives for Abcam. This includes planning, executing and coordinating administrative aspects of Abcam’s exhibits at national and global conferences and hosted events. Also responsible for tracking and managing the costs of events to meet budget expectations, formatting tradeshow leads, and analyzing conference success.
About the team: The successful candidate will be part of a passionate, close-knit global events team that fosters a fast-paced, energetic, deadline-driven environment.
- Work with the respective marketing and promotion teams to optimize event and associated campaign effectiveness
- Coordinate tradeshow logistics including shipping receiving tradeshow materials and giveaways
- Work with various vendors and show services for the preparation of tradeshows
- Recommend cost effective alternatives for the purchasing of supplies and materials
- Negotiate, update and maintain all Tradeshow Hotel Room Blocks, fulfilling other administrative duties and tasks as assigned
- Conduct post-show wrap up, measuring ROI and monitoring against goals and objectives
- BS/BA degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- Two-four years of related events, tradeshow and/or conference planning experience
- Knowledge of Tradeshows, tradeshows booth construction and Creative Production
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, process, refinement, and delivery
- Strong Excel Skills particularly working with excel utilizing various formulas and practices
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with global staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties
- Must possess a positive, can-do attitude, demonstrate critical thinking and creative problem-solving abilities
- Adapts easily to a changing environment/ thrives in a deadline-driven environment
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.