eCommerce Merchandiser and Analyst
Working as part of the Digital Marketing team, this role is key to maximising commercial performance and opportunities across the Abcam websites (.com/.cn/.co.jp). Reporting to the Head of eCommerce, the role will interact closely with the rest of Digital Marketing, Category Marketing, IT, Commercial, Supply Chain and Consumer Insights.
eCommerce is central to Abcam’s business. It’s a very visible department with close working relationships with areas such as Marketing, Website Development and Commercial. The talented team made up of experts in UX, Design, SEO/PPC and Product Owners are forward thinking, creative and solution focussed. They use the best tools available to help us truly understand our customers and their behaviour to maximise our online business and opportunities.
- Formulate the individual strategy for search, recommendations and conversion opportunities
- Maximise site merchandising opportunities
- Work closely with Marketing and IT teams to drive these strategies forward and achieve our business targets
- Act as a bridge between Category/Product marketing, Commercial and Supply Chain to ensure the product our customers require are available and deliverable
- Work with the eCommerce team and wider Digital Marketing team to drive eCommerce sales and ensure effective on-site merchandising and product categorisation.
- Maximise eCommerce revenue whilst maintaining a cost efficient sales channel for the business
- Create compelling onsite experiences to encourage customer engagement, conversion and brand loyalty
- Ensure all on-site SEO is continually optimised to ensure best organic search results
- Report on weekly/monthly top line sales, like for like sales, category and product performance, new business and customer retention, and e-commerce data specific to key merchandising features
The ideal candidate would be an experienced eCommerce professional with a strong merchandising background. Excellent numerical and analytical skills will also be key to success in this role. You will be a strong communicator and a team player with the ability to influence at all levels and take ownership and responsibility. We’re looking for someone with a track record of delivering innovative, creative solutions in a fast paced environment. A background in Science would be highly advantageous but is in no way a pre-requisite.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.