Director of Strategy, Epigenetics
About the Role:The Director of Strategy for Epigenetics at Abcam is a high profile, leadership role that is responsible for driving Abcam’s short and long range commercial and marketing strategies for its portfolio of both inhouse developed and externally sourced Epigenetics product ranges.
Line managing an initial team of 2, the role is responsible for driving understanding of the strengths and opportunities within the existing Epigenetics portfolio, understanding the market both now and its future direction along with the needs of Abcam’s consumers, as well as understanding and fully utilising inhouse product development capabilities, collaborating with the R&D team to identify opportunities to expand on these capabilities, and with the Commercial and Business Development teams to develop broad consumer partnerships.
About the Research Area Management Team:We are building a team who are highly committed, enthusiastic and ambitious, focused on collaborative working, innovation and strategic thinking, and who thrive on the challenge of achieving stretching goals. The team work in a fast-paced environment where they take a solution first approach to problem solving and are very results focused, with a strong sense of accountability for achieving their goals. What’s more, they have a strong sense of fun and energy.
Roles & responsibilities:Strategic planning:
• Following thorough review of the recommendations made by the team, decide on the definition and most appropriate tactics for the execution of the commercial strategy to deliver a step change in revenue growth of the Epigenetics product portfolio and achieve challenging annual revenue and margin targets.
• Make recommendations into the development of the inhouse R&D pipeline, covering new product types and platforms as well as existing.
• Continually analyse the Epigenetics field and provide insight to proactively support the development and execution of the commercial strategy.
• Decide which key products and customers to target to develop partnerships that enhance Abcam’s global reputation as a leading partner in Epigenetics research.
• Recommend the development of new pricing initiatives for the Epigenetics portfolio.
• Make recommendations into the development of product datasheets and protocols specifically for the Epigenetics portfolio.
• Make recommendations to drive the development of the quality criteria required for the Epigenetics portfolio.
• Make recommendations on inbound and outbound collaboration opportunities for follow up by the Portfolio Development, Business Development and Custom Products & Licensing teams.
• Make decisions on which candidates should form Abcam’s external network of scientific advisors in the field. Develop and maintain relationships with these advisors.
• Develop and deliver impactful presentations to key external audiences on Abcam’s capabilities in Epigenetics research to support and input into the process of external engagement for inbound and outbound partnership opportunities.
• Develop highly collaborative relationships across all global departments and provide recommendations into new commercial opportunities to deliver the Epigenetics strategy.
• Represent the voice of the global Epigenetics consumer across the business.
About youYou will be able to demonstrate significant leadership experience in business development in the Biotech/Pharma or Diagnostics industry (ideally also significant experience in sales and marketing). In addition, you will have extensive experience of closing commercial deals. You will preferably have experience in all approaches to antibody development and antibody applications. You will hold a minimum of a BSc in biological sciences or equivalent, a PhD would be advantageous.
You will have proven ability to establish strong working relationships internally and externally. Strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate and present findings and recommendations effectively will be key to this role.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!