Digital Product Manager
Abcam is searching for a Digital Product Manager to help build a world-class customer experience that delights its customers and drives strong business growth. This will involve taking Abcam’s digital experience and the platforms that support it to the next level so that the business continues to lead its industry and pioneer new approaches to eCommerce.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Co-create a compelling vision for what great digital customer experiences look like for Abcam and evangelise this vision across the business
- Help define and deliver Abcam’s digital product roadmap working as a key part of the overall Abcam customer experience team to deliver delightful customer journeys that are continuously improved
- Work closely with customer, business and technology teams to deliver features that are delightful and vital to our customers
- Show the impact product changes have on business KPIs with smart use of analytics
- Build a strong partnership with IT and business teams to deliver required business transformation
- Champion digital innovation, best practices and ways of working at Abcam, ensuring we continue to have a reputation for digital leadership
- You will be a digital and eCommerce expert with proven experience designing great customer experiences that build on digital best practices and the latest technologies. You will have significant product management experience in a leading eCommerce business along with a strong understanding of how to design personalised customer journeys from ‘end to end’.
You will have a customer focus – and user-centred design thinking supported by strong insights and a best practice approach to experimentation. You will take a commercial, analytical approach – aligning with the business to prioritise changes that will drive the most value underpinned by an ability to use data to build business cases, drive action and measure impact.
Our ideal candidate will be collaborative with the ability to bring together different teams and foster a common, positive culture, shared goals and ways of working. Strong communication and stakeholder management skills to inspire, persuade and empower others are essential for this role.
You will have exceptional understanding and practical experience of product management discipline and agile development. Experience of working internationally to deliver solutions that work in local markets would be beneficial. In addition, you will be energetic, willing, tenacious, and a problem-solver.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
With offices across the US, Europe, and Asia, Abcam is one of the leading life science companies today, achieving multi-year double digit growth with the aim of helping scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Founded in 1998, Abcam PLC was an early pioneer of eCommerce in the life sciences industry and aptly, described as ‘the Amazon of antibodies’ in its early years and more recently, ‘the Apple of antibodies’. For multiple years, including 2017, Abcam was voted and awarded the ‘Best Website’ by life science researchers with millions of visits monthly. Today, Abcam is one of the top 5 most value companies listed on AIM with a market cap value of nearly £3B.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.