Digital Marketing Specialist
About the roleAbcam’s Digitial Marketing team are looking for a Digital Marketing Specialist To manage global display, retargeting, affiliate and partnership activity; increasing brand awareness and drive qualified traffic to the website.
About eCommerce at AbcameCommerce is central to Abcam’s business. It’s a very visible department with close working relationships with areas such as Marketing, Website Development and Commercial. The talented team made up of experts in UX, Design, SEO/PPC and Product Owners are forward thinking, creative and solution focussed. They use the best tools available to help us truly understand our customers and their behaviour to maximise our online business and opportunities.
About YouAs the Digital Media Specialist, you will be educated to degree level (or equivalent) and be motivated by all things digital. As part of our growing E-commerce team you will maximise the online visibility of our brand and product offering globally across multiple online media channels. This is a new position for us, so you will be able to come in and make this area your own.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Take ownership of display, paid retargeting, affiliate and partnership campaigns.
- Manage the activity across global markets
- Take ownership of the strategy, budget & KPI setting by region
- Work with Category or Brand teams internally to produce plans to spend their budgets on key initiatives
- Produce comprehensive media laydowns for all markets
- Negotiate with publishers and media partners to secure the best rates
- Build relationships and manage publishers and media partners
- Identify, test and recommend new activities
- Ensure campaigns are optimised and delivering against KPIs
- Budget planning, management and forecasting
- Undertake data analysis and reporting to measure success
- Work with Search and Social teams to ensure campaigns complement and reinforce each other
- Liaise with in-house designers to create banners ads for retargeting/partnerships
- Liaise with other marketing teams within Abcam
- Communicating and evangelising display, retargeting, affiliates and partnership performance and strategy across the company
Personal Skills or Qualities
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong communicator and team player with good interpersonal skills
- Creative, innovative problem solver
Technical skills or knowledge
- Strong knowledge of Display (including the Google Display Network)
- Strong knowledge of Google retargeting campaigns
- Good understanding of Affiliate marketing
- Data literate and able to interpret web analytics, ideally GA
- Ability to create media laydowns
- Ability to manage budgets and forecasting
- Experience working in a role covering DR Display, Affiliates and/or retargeting
- Significant experience of delivering increased ROI through digital
- Knowledge of ecommerce or DR activity
- Experience of alongside other media channels such as Search or Social to build integrated campaigns
Qualifications, Training, Professional memberships or accreditations
- Degree (2:1) in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Finance, etc.) desirable
About UsEver since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.