Customer Service Specialist
Customer Service Specialist
Hours: 9:30am – 6:00pm EST
About the Role:The Customer Service Specialist is responsible for establishing and maintaining profitable relationships with customers by taking personal and complete responsibility for each customer contact and by ensuring that all customer requirements are fully met. As you will be in contact with current and prospective customers, and you are in a strong position to influence their satisfaction and our company prosperity, this position requires tact, sensitivity and professionalism. You are responsible for supporting and living the company vision and mission.
Essential Responsibilities:• Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction
• Has empathy for the customer’s situation and ability to create emotional connections with customers
• Gather customer information, assess and fulfill customer needs, educate the customer where applicable to prevent the need for future contacts and document interactions through contact tracking
• Take accountability for problems and devise creative solutions to delight customers
• Offer enhancements, product referrals and related products when appropriate
• Feel empowered to make policy exception decisions to handle unique customer concerns
• Communicate inter-departmentally and collaboratively to benefit customers
• Ability to multi-task and remain cool under pressure
• Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality
• Open and receptive to feedback
• Positive and friendly attitude
• Complete self-training and development of new skills through Learning Management System
• Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the customer’s experience
About You:You realize that customer service is just one part of the customer experience. You know how to build an emotional connection with customers over phone and email. Your attention to detail and ability to thrive in a culture of empowerment helps you delight customers to keep them loyal to the company.
Minimum Qualifications:• HS diploma/GED
• Two years of customer service experience (could include retail, hospitality, help desk, etc.)
• Bachelor’s degree
• Bilingual Spanish/English highly preferred
• Must demonstrate outstanding communication skills (both oral and written)
• Capacity and desire to learn new information both general and technical
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Previous work with CRM
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment; ability to adapt to change quickly
• Proficient with MS Office and working with a PC
• Soft sales experience
About UsEver since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.