Customer Service Specialist (contract)
Customer Service Specialist – Contract
Shift: 11:30am – 8:00pm
The Customer Service Specialist is responsible for establishing and maintaining profitable relationships with customers by taking personal and complete responsibility for each customer contact and by ensuring that all customer requirements are fully met. As you will be in contact with current and prospective customers, and you are in a strong position to influence their satisfaction and our company prosperity, this position requires tact, sensitivity and professionalism. You are responsible for supporting and living the company vision and mission
About the role:
Answer incoming calls from customers to process orders; respond to general written inquiries and questions; handle complaints and troubleshoot problems; feed into the Voice of Customer (VOC) program; provide product alternatives or suggestions, and general scientific product information - all while providing outstanding customer experiences
About the department:The Customer Services team at Abcam is made up of a group of 19 customer experience specialists, focused on delivering a world class service to our customers. The team services customers in North America, Canada, and South America. We are in both the Cambridge and Eugene offices and all possess excellent communication skills. Currently the specialists are working with a new system that is making it easier for us to process orders and communicate with our customers.
Essential Responsibilities:• Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction
• Has empathy for the customer’s situation and ability to create emotional connections with customers
• Gather customer information, access and fulfill customer needs, educate the customer where applicable to prevent the need for future contacts and document interactions through contact tracking
• Take accountability for problems and devise creative solutions to delight customers
• Offer enhancements, product referrals and related products when appropriate
• Feel empowered to make policy exception decisions to handle unique customer concerns
• Communicate inter-departmentally and collaboratively to benefit customers by feeding into the Voice of Customer (VOC) process
• Ability to multi-task and remain cool under pressure
• Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality
• Open and receptive to feedback
• Positive and friendly attitude
• Complete self-training and development of new skills through Learning Management System
• Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the customer’s experience
• HS diploma/GED
• Two years of customer service experience (could include retail, hospitality, help desk, etc.)
• Bachelor’s degree
• Must demonstrate outstanding communication skills (both oral and written)
• Capacity and desire to learn new information both general and technical
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
• Previous CRM work
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment; ability to adapt to change quickly
• Proficient with MS Office and working with a PC
• Soft sales experience
About youYou realize that customer service is just one part of the customer experience. You know how to build an emotional connection with customers over phone and email. Your attention to detail and ability to thrive in a culture of empowerment helps you delight customers to keep them loyal to the company.
If this sounds like you, then we want you on our team!
About UsEver since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.