About the role
A position has arisen in our Accounts Receivable Department for a Credit Controller.
You will assist the credit control team to maintain the overdue accounts at an acceptable level. This will involve contacting customers via email, telephone and letter to secure payment of overdue accounts. You will assist the Accounts Receivable Team by taking responsibility for allocated items (invoices, credits and payments) and any queries which may arise from this debt.
A flexible approach is necessary, as you may be required to cover for absences; both scheduled and unscheduled.
About Financial Services at Abcam
Financial services is made up of 20 people across the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions. The teams are based in the UK and work with a Global supplier and customer base providing a reliable, efficient and professional service. They use technology such as Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software and have strong internal relationships with departments such as Sales, Marketing and Customer Service. It’s a fast paced and rapidly changing environment which requires adaptability, flexibility and drive from all team members.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Contact customers via email, fax, telephone and letter to secure payment of overdue accounts and keep up-to-date records of any action taken
- Take responsibility for overdue items (invoices, credits, payments) that relate to allocated countries
- Refer any accounts to the Debt Collection Agency as required
- Risk assess orders received from bad debtors/new accounts; contacting customers to resolve any issues in order that the new orders can be processed
- Cash Allocation & Posting
- Respond to customer queries via email, fax, telephone and letter within 24 hours
- Liaise with internal departments to resolve any queries affecting the debtors
- Assist the Accounts Receivable Team Leader with any tasks as required
- Report any issues to the Accounts Receivable Team Leader or AR Manager
The Ideal candidate will have previous credit control experience, excellent communication and negotiation skills, together with the ability to work to tight deadlines. It is essential that you have an intermediate level of Excel and be skilled in the use of other MS Office applications.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Credit Controller looking to gain experience of trade credit control in a friendly and dynamic environment. Fluent French language skills would be highly advantageous but is not a prerequisite.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.