About the role:
The Compensation Analyst will provide support to the Head of Compensation by delivering analytical support within the Reward team across global compensation activities, ensuring strong data integrity and robust processes.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Executes the planning and delivery of our annual salary review
- Assists with the communication of incentive plans and is responsible for the calculation of awards
- Supports the annual equity cycle including the grant and release of awards under the LTIP, bonus deferral and all employee scheme
- Conducts compensation benchmarking and job evaluations, and leads the market data survey submission process
- Administers our award-winning global employee share plan, AbShare, including managing the monthly enrolment process and delivering employee presentations
- Acts as main BAU contact for our share plan administrators and other providers, building effective working relationships
- Supports the relocation of internationally mobile employees and facilitates their tax compliance
- Completes UK Gender Pay Gap reporting and other related filings globally
employee queries relating to compensation plans
This role suits a person with graduate level of education (or equivalent) with prior experience in Compensation, who is keen to grow their expertise in a small team with global exposure.
- Competent in Excel
- Good analytical skills with experience of managing numerical data and calculations
- Experience of supporting an end-to-end annual compensation review cycle
- Experience in using third-party salary surveys, from submission to analysis and interpretation
- Strong attention to detail, with an ability to work within tight timescales, and to self-review own work
- Strong process focus, organised and task-orientated
- Ability to develop effective working relationships
- Self-starter and with strong intellectual rigour to propose initiatives to help progress work and/or resolve issues
- Experience in administering employee share plans
- Familiarity with Oracle Compensation module
- Exposure to short-term/long-term variable compensation programmes
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.