Commercial Development Manager
This vital position will be responsible for understanding the market, identifying potential business opportunities, generate quotes, and close business deals for new custom solutions projects and licensing opportunities, as well as maintaining and growing the existing customer base. This position will be expected to complete scientific and technical tasks on aggressive timelines, present capabilities and to work as part of a team on varied tasks with changing priorities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize market and business understanding and market intelligence via networks of internal and external resources to identify, evaluate potential business opportunities for growth, consistent with strategic objectives.
- Assess the technical and business potential of all incoming projects and new business.
- Actively work with existing customer base to maintain and grow revenue potential.
- Proactively identify potential customers and new business opportunities.
- In collaboration with customer, and internal subject matter experts, provide scientific input on project design and generate detailed and executable project proposals.
- Work with Key Account Managers to qualify leads and close opportunities for custom products at key accounts.
- Collaborate with Portfolio Development and Business Development teams to identify opportunities for commercial supply and licensing (inbound and outbound) of custom products.
- Work with Project Managers to provide supplemental quotes, project updates, and reports as well as collect feedback from customers.
- Comply with all safety and quality standards.
- Bachelor’s in biological sciences
- 7 years in a technical commercial setting (MS in biological sciences or equivalent experience with 5-7 years in a technical commercial setting)
- Custom service sales or CRO/CMO experience working with the Biotech/Pharma or Diagnostics industry
- Knowledge of immunisation strategies, including protein, peptide, DNA etc.
- Molecular biology knowledge
- Expertise in monoclonal antibody discovery using hybridoma technologies, phage display and NGS
- Ability to design screening strategies to support the development of Ab with specified properties
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
- Ability to communicate and present findings and recommendations effectively
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint.)
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.