Commercial Contracts Manager
Commercial Contracts Manager, Business Development
About the role:We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized commercial contracts manager to join our team. In this position, you will play a key role in managing and negotiating agreements for our organization. You will negotiate contracts externally, advise the Business Development team on key business terms, liaise with legal, and ensure all contracts are completed efficiently. You will also manage and monitor active agreements, including the renewal process and the execution of commercial terms.
This role could be based in one of our U.S. offices.
Duties and Responsibilities:• Manage a variety of contracts – including nondisclosure, supply, service, commercial, distribution, collaboration, licensing agreements, and any associated amendments
• Provide redlined recommendations on contracts and responses to RFPs. Provide guidance on impact to relevant internal teams
• Maintain oversight of contract status, including dashboard and metrics on contracting performance
• Monitor contract compliance with established procedures
• Contribute and advocate towards enhancing procedures or methods to enhance the process
• Ensure all contracts are signed and delivered to relevant parties
• Work with other teams and stakeholders, such as finance or legal, on contract requirements
• Establish and manage a system of contract management, including record keeping and management of commercial obligations (i.e. – royalties and milestone payments) and KPIs
• Bachelor’s degree in business, administration, law, life sciences or related field
• A minimum of five years of previous experience as a contract manager or in a related position
• Excellent understanding of good contracting practice, compliance and methods, ideally through global contract engagements
• 3 years’ experience life science industry
• Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
• Efficient and effective under pressure
• Excellent analytical, financial and critical thinking abilities
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
• Accurate and precise attention to detail
About UsEver since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.