Commercial Contracts Manager, Business Development
About the role
We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized commercial contracts manager to join our team. In this position, you will play a key role in managing and negotiating agreements for our organization. You will negotiate contracts externally, advise the Business Development team on key business terms, liaise with legal, and ensure all contracts are completed efficiently. You will also manage and monitor active agreements, including the renewal process and the execution of commercial terms.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Manage a variety of contracts – including nondisclosure, supply, service, commercial, distribution, collaboration, licensing agreements, and any associated amendments
- Provide redlined recommendations on contracts and responses to RFPs. Provide guidance on impact to relevant internal teams
- Maintain oversight of contract status, including dashboard and metrics on contracting performance
- Monitor contract compliance with established procedures
- Contribute and advocate towards enhancing procedures or methods to enhance the process
- Ensure all contracts are signed and delivered to relevant parties
- Work with other teams and stakeholders, such as finance or legal, on contract requirements
- Establish and manage a system of contract management, including record keeping and management of commercial obligations (i.e. – royalties and milestone payments) and KPIs
- Bachelor’s degree in business, administration, law, life sciences or related field
- A minimum of five years of previous experience as a contract manager or in a related position
- Excellent understanding of good contracting practice, compliance and methods, ideally through global contract engagements
- 3 years’ experience life science industry
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- Efficient and effective under pressure
- Excellent analytical, financial and critical thinking abilities
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!