About the role
At Abcam KK, we have a commercial goal of understanding better who our customers are, using innovative and disruptive marketing to outperform the market and implementing data-driven marketing activities. This new role of Commercial Analyst will use analysis of internal and external data to influence our sales and marketing strategies in Japan.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Provide insights from analysis of data (financial, customer, market, etc.) to support Japan sales and marketing strategies
- Provide analysis of marketing campaigns, promotions, and other factors influencing sales performance. Provide ad-hoc and project data analysis to support Management in decision making
- Lead customer data project to link end-user database to distributor purchases to better understand who our customers are, what they are purchasing and to analyze buying trends
- Propose innovative ways of analysing customer purchasing trends and behaviour to support cross-selling and targeted marketing opportunities
- Devise new methods of using customer data as a value-add proposition to distributors to support their businesses
- Create and manage internal database of end-users and Japanese academic and industry research institution hierarchy
- Analyze government funding and link economic indicators and the effect on sales by calculating regression of available data
- Build a collaborative business relationship with commercial leaders in Japan and various global stakeholders
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field such as computer science, computer engineering, statistics, mathematics, finance, economics, MBA, or related fields
- 1-3 years business analytics-related working experience.
- Fluent in business English and Japanese
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a changing environment, can work both independently and as a part of a team
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!