Associate Scientist (Cell Sciences)
Associate Scientist (Cell Sciences) – Branford
About the role:We are seeking highly talented, passionate and goal-driven professionals to join our team in Branford, CT. The successful candidate will play a hands-on role in the company’s use of a wide variety of molecular biology, cell biology, genomics and proteomics techniques in support of multiple research and development projects. He or she will be expected to provide supervision and mentorship to junior staff, make detailed observations, analyze data, interpret results and make recommendations to Scientists/Mgmt.
About the department:Our group focuses on challenging, technology driven projects to improve recombinant antibody development and produce best quality affinity reagents.
Essential Responsibilities:• Hybridoma culture
• Aseptic technique
• Maintain and pass multiple mammalian cell lines
• Apply and develop new experimental capabilities related to antibody discovery.
• Develop and optimize robust, scalable strategies for improving process, workflow and performance.
• Conduct day-to-day problem solving, work prioritization, and co-ordination across the team and other groups to ensure project deadlines are met.
• Thorough documentation of the work, perform data analysis; write reports and present results and project assessments to Senior Management.
• Contribute to assay design and execution with minimal supervision; develop appropriate controls to anticipate potential problems, understand and troubleshoot assays.
• Write and present experimental reports, summaries and protocols to the team.
• Assess information to ensure data quality and completeness of results
• Communicate results effectively to supervisor and peers; leads discussion within the department.
Minimum Qualifications:• Master’s degree in cell biology, molecular biology, biological sciences or a related major
• 3 years of relevant laboratory experience in an academic or industrial setting working in mammalian cell culture
• Strong knowledge of standard cell biology protocols.
• One year of running FACS and analyzing FACS results
Preferred Qualifications:• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of scientific principles of ICC\IHC ELISA\Western Blotting.
• Strong background in a variety of relevant laboratory skills.
• Very detail-oriented and organized; ability to implement protocols and maintenance of a detailed lab notebook.
• Background tackling multiple, complicated projects, while managing other team members.
• Proven experience working successful in a team environment
• Must be self-motivated and excel working under minimal supervision, in a fast-paced environment.
About you:You have a Master’s degree in cell biology, with extensive hands on experience in hybridoma cell culture. You have the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and effectively contribute to project teams. You possess strong communication, organization, attention to detail and team skills. You are naturally self-motived and thrive in a fast-paced environment, with minimal supervision.
About UsEver since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.