Job Title: Associate Scientist
About the role
We are seeking an Associate Scientist to join a dynamic team of scientists as a member of the Technology Development (Tech. Dev.) department located in Branford, CT. The successful candidate will play a hands-on role in the company’s use of a wide variety of molecular and cellular biology, genomic, and proteomic techniques to optimize and improve upon our existing antibody discovery pipelines.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Plan and execute various molecular and cellular biology experiments involving the design, selection, and optimization of affinity reagents.
- Investigate, create, and develop new methods which result in the optimization and/or improvement of current processes.
- Conduct day-to-day problem solving, work prioritization, and coordination across the team and other groups to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Prepare technical reports, product summaries, protocols, SOPs, and quantitative analyses, where appropriate.
- B.S. with at least 5 years of experience in genetics, immunology, cell biology or closely-related discipline
- Experience with molecular cloning including primer and construct design
- Experience with cell culture and cell line passaging
- M.S. in genetics, immunology, cell biology or closely-related discipline with at least 3 years of relevant lab experience
- Expertise in immunology, phage display, and/or antibody development
- Experience with antibody characterization assays including ELISA, cell-based ELISAs, flow cytometry, western blotting, and FACS sorting is preferred
- Prior experience working in industry, highly preferred
- Highly-proficient with Microsoft Suite
- Must possess and demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
The successful candidate will have experience communicating and working on a global team, will be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, and effectively contribute to project teams. The candidate must possess strong communication, organization, attention to detail, and team skills. The successful candidate will be naturally self-motived and thrive in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.