About the role:
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated Associate Scientist with experience in western blot techniques to join our team in Branford (CT). This role is a permanent position.
About the dept:
The Characterization Team plays an essential role in the validation of our antibodies and new products working in immunohistochemistry, immunocytochemistry and flow cytometry and western blot.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:• Contribute to projects and initiatives as required within western blot application.
• Define suitable testing conditions, plan and conduct bespoke experiments in Western Blot.
• Perform routine Western Blotting for novel antibody targets.
• Monitor the quality of the lysate bank using routine controls and blotting procedures.
• Actively seek to improve testing conditions for individual products to best demonstrate product performance.
• Research, validate and implement new assay protocols and integrate them into standard work streams.
• Support existing FC, IHC and ICC-IF Scientists in various projects, as required.
• Help to establish and maintain high quality standards during experimental processes and record keeping. Abide by laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and keep accurate Batch Manufacturing Records (BMRs).
• Help establish a safe and efficient working environment in the laboratory, ensure the safety of colleagues & visitors and comply with Health and Safety (H&S) policies.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:• BSc in Biomedical Science or equivalent experience in western blot techniques and high throughput screening
• Experience in imaging systems, experience with LICOR desirable.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:• Experience in using antibody reagents and an understanding of processes involved in their development.
• Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to prioritise, multitask and work to deadlines.
• Experience with Microsoft Office and accurate record keeping with LIMS
• Be a team player; facilitate open and constructive communication within the Imaging team and other teams within the company.
• Experience of working within the Life Science Industry.
• Experience in writing and reviewing SOPs and Risk Assessments.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.