Apprentice Project Manager
Qualification Awarded:Level 4 Associate Project Management
Expected duration:18-24 months
Salary:£16,000 with regular £500 increases every 6 months based on performance and successful completion of exams and a £1000 bonus at the end of apprenticeship based on the same conditions
Total hours per week:37.5 (80% on the job / 20% learning)
About the RoleWe are looking to recruit an Apprentice Project Manager. In this role you will be learning about various aspects of project management in the context of large scale projects which will include multiple stakeholders.
The job is based at our Cambridge (UK) site. You will be reporting to the Senior pipeline manager and will be working closely with other project stakeholders in our global locations to assist the delivery of projects to strict timelines.
- Support the Senior pipeline manager by gaining comprehensive understanding of key project types, project stages and organizational structures.
- Learn how to create and help to maintain a project plan (with clearly defined project risks, scope, resourcing, costing, goals, timeframe and trackers)
- Work with the Senior pipeline manager on how to chair regular project meetings and provide concise and clear minutes to key stakeholders.
- Achieve effective project communication skills by continuously collaborating and communicating with variety of cross functional stakeholders.
- Understand the importance of project delivery against budget by assisting with project metrics tracking.
- Gain knowledge how to influence project members to ensure timely project delivery.
- Acquire budgeting and resource planning skills by working closely with the Senior pipeline manager and finance partners on project forecasting.
About you:As our ideal candidate you will have a strong interest in project management career. You will be enthusiastic, highly organised and have outstanding attention to details. You will aspire be able to work independently by continuously learn and improve yourself. Having a BSc in biological science or equivalent experience is desirable, but not essential. Having a basic scientific understanding of antibodies and their biological function will be of help.
- You must hold 5 GCSEs (graded A* to C or 9 to 5) or equivalent.
- Have Level 2 English and Maths or equivalent.
- Hold at least 2 A-Levels grade A-C (a scientific A-Level would be desirable)
- Have been a resident in the UK/EEA/EU for the last 3 years.
About UsEver since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.