Accounts Receivable Specialist
Accounts Receivable Specialist - Collections
About the role:We are seeking a Full Time Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our expanding Accounting Team. This person will focus on day-to-day Accounts Receivable responsibilities and play a vital role in the company’s growth by controlling our outstanding debt by proactively resolving payment issues. The position requires exceptional customer service and problem-solving skills. The Accounts Receivable Specialist will join an established team of dedicated and supportive Accounting professionals.
About the department:
The successful hire will join a dedicated, team-oriented finance department in our Cambridge, MA office.
• Make outbound calls to Universities/Biotech companies to reconcile payment issues
• Point of contact for billing issues/inquiries from other departments
• Help maintain master payment spreadsheet
• Monitor progress toward daily, weekly and end-of-month goals
• Process customer payments
• Provide customer service regarding collection issues
• Help process customer refunds
• Process and review account adjustments, and help resolve client discrepancies.
• Serve as Deputy for daily invoice runs
• Handle incoming customer queries via phone/email
Experience and Skills required:
• Prior role in a position requiring significant phone usage (i.e. call center, office, etc.)
• Prior experience working in an Accounting Department is highly preferred
• Proficient with MS Office Suite, particularly MS Excel/Word
• Proven ability to succeed in a team-oriented environment
• Superior communication skills – both oral and written
• Must be self-motivated and possess a strong attention-to-detail
Minimum Qualifications:• High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
About you:You are a dedicated finance professional with experience in Accounts Receivable. You have a bachelor’s degree in a related degree or applicable experience, and great communication skills. You thrive in a supportive, collaborative environment and your attention to detail is a top strength.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.