Accounts Receivable Manager (Interim)
About the role
This exciting opportunity at a growing and dynamic biotech will involve working closely with an AP team in a fun, expanding and fast-paced environment. This is an excellent role for a detail- oriented person looking to join a great group of professionals who manage the AP processing for the Americas branches of the company..
About the Team
The successful hire will join a dedicated, team-oriented finance department in our Cambridge, MA office.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Manage the AR team, currently consisting of 4-line reports
- Create and implement changes to work assignments, methods, or procedures to meet operational needs
- Help improve accuracy and efficiency of the accounts receivable team
- Ensure accurate entry of transactions to our accounting system
- Assist with month end close procedures in accordance with the month end schedule
- Help Maintain the Master Customer files
- Help research and resolve escalated invoice discrepancies and Customer issues
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
You are innovative and excel at building new partnerships. You have a fundamental understanding of drug discovery and development. You are a strong communicator and looking forward to a role where you can be at the forefront of building Abcam’s strategic business
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Related Degree
- Minimum of 3 years of Accounts Receivable Experience
- One year of managerial experience
- Two or more years of management experience
- Experience working with Oracle
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient Excel skills
- Excels in a team environment
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.