Accounts Payable Assistant - 9 to 12 months (Maternity cover)
About the role
We are looking for a proactive and enthusiastic Accounts Payable Assistant to join the team originally on a 9 to 12 months fixed-term contract.
You will assist in providing an efficient service to the business and our suppliers by ensuring we pay purchase invoices within contractual terms, processing and matching invoices and resolving customer queries in a timely manner.
Your working hours will be 8.30am to 5pm with a one hour lunch break. We offer a generous reward package including a competitive salary, 25 days holiday, access to our flexible benefits scheme, subsidised pilates and bootcamp classes, life insurance, pension contribution and regular social events.
About Financial Services at Abcam
The Financial services team is made up of 20 people across the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions. The teams are based in the UK and work with a Global supplier and customer base providing a reliable, efficient and professional service.
Roles & responsibilities:
- The prompt and accurate processing of approved expenses and supplier invoices/credits, to help ensure payment within the agreed terms.
- Take ownership of, and resolve all queries in a timely manner. This will involve communicating with external suppliers and internal departments.
- Plan and organise time and tasks to ensure all deadlines are adhered to.
- To work with our suppliers regarding their statements, reconciling and updating them in a timely manner to ensure any discrepancies are resolved and a positive relationship is maintained at all times.
- Keep the AP Team Leader informed at all times, escalating any problems or issues promptly.
- Assist members of the Finance Department with ad-hoc duties as required.
The ideal candidate will possess solid accounts payable / purchase ledger experience gained in a fast-paced environment.
You should have excellent attention to detail, strong communication skills and an analytical approach to problem solving. Proficiently with MS Office applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook would be highly advantageous.
You should be a great team player who is personable, enthusiastic and proactive.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.