Account Manager / Inside Sales Specialist - Life Sciences
About the role
As an Account Manager / Inside Sales Specialist – Life Sciences, you will focus on prospecting, qualifying and closing quotations for orders in the selected geographic territories.
In order to deliver on revenue expectations, you will proactively make outbound calls and schedule customer visits in their assigned territory, as well as manage incoming email and phone inquiries. This will involve building remote relationships with key users at priority accounts, and nurturing large opportunities through a pipeline.
You will be based remotely and live near Oxford, Manchester or Edinburgh, or any other major cities around these regions. You may occasionally be required to travel to our global HQ in Cambridge.
Domestic travel will be involved up to 30% of your time in your assigned territory.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Deliver on revenue expectations for catalogue sales
- Qualify leads and makes decisions on discount strategy for opportunities.
- Maintain constant communication with customers throughout the quoting process and work toward building relationships
- Follow up with customers after quoting process to determine the outcome and close business.
- Develop and implement a proactive strategy for prospecting new business, including customer outreach for qualified leads resulting from marketing campaigns/efforts.
- Recommend complementary products and cross-sell
- Utilize a CRM to manage an opportunity pipeline
You must have at least a first experience in sales/account management/inside sales in the life sciences industry.
You have a fundamental understanding of working with antibodies, having obtained a degree in biology or related field. Ideally you will have had some hands-on experience of antibodies.
You are self-motivated, an excellent communicator, personable, able to build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. You can demonstrate a professional phone demeanour.
Ideally you will have used CRM systems and be proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
You need to be happy to travel up to 30% of your time in your assigned territory.