Abcam is a successful and fast-growing life science company specializing in the production and sale of antibodies and related protein research tools to scientific research organizations. To support our continued growth, we are looking for a talented and driven partner-focused professional to join our dynamic business development team.
The Account Manager will join the Abcam Sales Team which has an ambition to serve life scientists to achieve their mission faster. We will help our customers make scientific breakthroughs in their research and diagnostic applications using our extensive product and service capabilities, including our portfolio of reagents and kits.
As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management, inquiries, and generation of new business opportunities in a key geography (San Francisco, CA or Boston, MA). You will manage a portfolio of accounts, with an emphasis on small-mid size pharmaceutical and biotech accounts. We have a Key Account focus, which requires the candidate to have a knowledge and practice of developing account plans which include: stakeholder analysis, organisational models and to be able to cultivate long term relationships with Key customers within these important organisations. The role requires both strategic focus on our long-term business objectives, alongside a tactical role involving developing personal relationships with Key Opinion Leaders, heads of department; including scientific and procurement functions and be able to manage discussions of both scientific and commercial nature. You will be communicating with customers directly by phone, email and face to face.
- Drive the revenue growth of the business by promoting and negotiating on our full range of products and services.
- Manage the day-to-day relationship and opportunity progression of researchers at target accounts.
- Prospect for leads and identify new opportunities to develop business relationships at key accounts with a special focus on large volume business.
- Work cross functionally to draft an Account Plan for each target organisation that supports our relationship development, opportunity generation and supporting activities that lead to the development of key contacts and achievement the revenue goals and business objective for each organisation.
- Manage a diverse pipeline of opportunities via CRM system and use its functionality and content to manage leads, opportunities and build opportunity teams.
- Promptly and professionally reply to customer inquiries and requests
- Responsible for meeting individual objectives and revenue goals for the assigned accounts
- Prospect for new business within key accounts
- Continually provide market feedback to the organisation around customer trends, market development, competitive activities.
- Travel (domestic and international) as needed for face to face meetings with customers, attendance at roadshows and conferences, and travelling to internal meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related field
- Two years’ relevant commercial sales or account management experience
- Proven market knowledge of customers and industry
- Established contacts in geography
- Master’s degree in Biology or related field
- Experience in protein research, immunology and Immunohistochemistry
- Experience of working with customers who operate in the pharma and diagnostics markets
- Experience in selling value-based solutions and services, supply and master service
- Customer-focused and highly responsive
- Deliver compelling presentations
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.