About the role
Responsible for managing and supporting Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) needs in key academic and commercial accounts.
Meets and overdelivers revenue and margin goals for target accounts through multi-channels collaborations.
Identify new opportunities to develop commercial relationships with key accounts in Academic/Biotech/Pharma/Clinical Labs spaces.
About the Team
- The Key Account(AbGenius) Team focuses on a tailored approach and customer service supporting KOLs to drive key accounts revenue to deliver Abcam’s strategic goals and objectives. These efforts will utilize our broad capabilities to position Abcam as The partner for cutting-edge scientists in the Academic/bio-industry/hospital markets.
- Working across multiple channels, we aim to position the full scope of Abcam’s innovative technology platforms and expertise to serve scientists while capturing downstream revenue opportunities. Most importantly, we are constantly working hand-in-hand with these scientists to help them achieve better research outcomes and to accelerate their discoveries’ lead time
Roles & responsibilities:
- Establish strategic plans, objectives and forecasts for each key account and update plans monthly.
- Serves as a consultant to the target accounts, tracking the shopping list of Accounts and identification of key influencers, decision makers and end users.
- Work with Channel Managers and distributor sales teams to drive the technical aspects of pre-sales and post-sales activities
- Leverage available resources to meet customer needs and work effectively with cross-functional teams of suppliers and internal resources
- Introduce Abcam’s cutting-edge product portfolio based on Principle Investigators’ (PI)latest research and discoveries
- Develop strong relationships and partnerships with Key Accounts with the aim to expand business opportunities.
- Keep abreast of market and customer research thereby providing expertise and insights t into specific markets and industries to internal and external customers
- Stay informed of product tactics as well as provide customer feedback to the marketing/portfolio team
- Master’s Degree, Ph.D preferred, majors in molecular biology or/and biotechnology,
- Proven experience (1-3 years) in sales and key account management within the life science industry.
- Solid knowledge of cutting-edge life science research advancements and bioindustry technologies is preferred.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Self-starter, drives actions with passion.
- Has strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to implement and deliver on specific Account strategy plans.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Key Account Management Head.
- Dynamic personality, team player with an open communication style.
- Great customer facing skills.
- Able to work autonomously and effectively in a matrixed, flexible working environment.
- Results focused.
- Flexible to meet the demands of the role.
- Willing to travel throughout China, traveling time is likely to be more than 50%
- High level of integrity and ethics.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Abcam is a global life sciences company providing highly validated antibodies and other binders and assays to the research and clinical communities to help advance the understanding of biology and causes of disease.Our mission is to serve life scientists to help them achieve their mission faster by listening to their needs, continuously innovating and improving and by giving them the tools, data and experience they want. Our ambition is to become the most influential life science company for researchers worldwide.