About the role
Abcam has ambitious plans to grow both organically and by selected acquisitions and partnerships, with a view to doubling their scale by 2023.
As a result, a new global leadership position has arisen for the role of VP, Brand. The VP, Brand will lead and develop our Brand strategy, maximising the value of Abcam’s Brand across our customer segments and industry sectors.
This role will report directly to the SVP of Marketing as part of his leadership team and is an exciting opportunity for a visionary individual to lead Abcam's global brand development to define and deliver what we want our brand to stand for and lead the charge in ensuring this is brought to life across all customer touchpoints. Your overarching goal is to make Abcam the preferred choice and most recommended brand by life science researchers.
Ideally the role would be based in Cambridge, UK. Boston, US will also be considered.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Create a vision for the Abcam brand that drives overall awareness, affinity, and engagement of Abcam’s mission and offering to customers and partners. Your overarching goal is to make Abcam the preferred choice and most recommended brand by life science researchers.
- Own Brand definition, architecture, strategy, and compliance
- Contribute to the growth and success of the company by owning and directing all brand initiatives.
- Work across Abcam’s global teams to ensure the Brand is supporting and leading the growth of the business.
- Defining brand behaviours, that connect the customer experience.
- Manage and mentor a growing team - directing, inspiring, and delivering on our brand vision
- Minimum 7 years leading on Brand for a mid-to-large organisation
- Life science / pharma sector / Consumer Goods experience preferred by not essential
- Experience of developing brand strategy for a rapidly-evolving global brand
- Experience of leadership roles in fast-growth businesses
- A passion for taking customer insights to unlock brand value
- Experience across marketing disciplines, particularly brand, demand generation, and product marketing
- Proven track record of building, mentoring, and retaining world-class talent
- Strong commercial acumen and an understanding of the relationship between brand, customer and commercial outcomes
- Experience in leading teams through the creative briefing and development process, from insight to execution
- Comfortable with ambiguity, possessing the initiative and fluidity of approach required to deal with change
- Ability to write brilliant, clear, concise briefs
- The position will require reasonably regular domestic and international travel
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.